Monday, April 10, 2023

Sewing Room Hazards


I now have an owl flying around my sewing room. This owl will have to go back to the drawing board. He looks like he's swimming. Also, I tried to have fancy shading in the wing, but I mixed up some of the strips. (Then used color pencil to fix it). Happily, the next version won't have the fringe on the feathers because I'm going to simplify the piecing on the next one. I may also make him larger...most of the strips are 1 inch unfinished, half inch finished.

I also had a nice time quietly rearranging photo blocks of the spool quilt and finally found the perfect layout.  However, Buddy started to step across it, then had to jump over my restraining hand, then had to scramble as he started to slip on the photo pieces. There may have been threats made on one of his nine lives which has now transformed to my having relentless waves of guilt.

4 comments:

Kigwit said...

oh, I love the owl! In Harry Potter there was a decrepit owl called Errol. Maybe this could be your Errol?

Susan said...

I recognized it as an owl by its face right away, but kind of wondered about that right wing. As for Buddy, it was only a threat and since he still has all nine of his lives intact, I thereby decree you should no longer feel guilty.

cbott said...

I know you didn't ask, but I'm generous this way: have the back wing feathers go back (not forward, giving that swimming look), and raise the front wing feathers another level or two. That should get closer to the look you're going for.

Buddy didn't even know what you were upset about, so supposed threats meant nothing. Certainly not to a self-possessed cat such as Himself!

Carolyn

gayle said...

Well, flying is just swimming thru the air. (Or is it that swimming is flying thru the water?) (I'm sure it's one or the other.)
In the meantime I love your swimming/flying owl.