Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Who Made These?


 As with most older sisters, mine is a bad influence. She mentioned that she was cleaning out her sewing room, so I thought I should do the same. (Editor's note: This never happened when they shared a room).

In the clean out, I found this pile of mini-kittens. They finish 3 inches long. Most of them seem to be kittens made from kittens with a Gumby/Pokey and a squirrel mixed in. I have never seen this project before in my life. (Of course, one can use the search feature at the top of the page to find exactly when I started this, but what fun is that?) 

And in case you thought that Buddy's artistic flare was an accident... this is how I found the quilt in the morning after I took the photo of it laying out flat. I think it represents the precarious form of existence with its many twists and turns, or maybe an owl or a raccoon. I'm afraid to ask.

8 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Loving your interpretations of Buddy’s creations, Sally. Also enjoying your creations as well. Happy stitching!

Katie said...

We call that style a "cat-nado"...

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Oh Buddy! What a creative you are. . .if only you would put some blocks together. . . . LOL Those mini kitties are cuties!

Susan said...

Apparently Buddy is a free-form artist. Such cute kitten blocks. Even if you don't remember making them, claim them or see what Buddy can do with them.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wherever the cats came from, they will make a great finish. I think a hidden camera tracking the whole quilt mangling would be a hoot. My previous cat, Tugger, used to steal yarn when I knit, and wrap them around every chair and table leg making a mega spider web of yarn (the more expensive, the more desirable for thieving). Wish I would have had a camera. Took hours to untangle.

Beth Strand said...

Buddy is such an artiste!

gayle said...

I'm thinking owl, but I don't have your years of experience with Buddy interpretation...

Cathy said...

I love Buddy’s artistic style! He’d make Andy Warhol proud. I love those kitten blocks, especially the one with the eyes.