Sunday, October 16, 2016

Dear Jane D11

This is Dear Jane block D11 or Snow Crystal. As I have mentioned before, there is a bit of variation from the Jane Stickle quilt to the book and then to the Electric Quilt module. I don't have the Electric Quilt module. So I scratched my head when I saw that the book and a rectangle in the center but Jane Stickle's quilt seems to have a square. So I did my own variation. I pieced a center square to fit the dimensions of the rest of the block in the Dear Jane block, and then appliqued all the triangles. Plus I'm using the new Kaffe fabric called Rolled Paper.

We recently had a brief change over to cooler weather, so I pulled out the plaid bunny quilt to work on some hand quilting. However, Molly has decided to become a lap cat, so I haven't made as much progress as I would have liked. On anything.

3 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm pleased you showed this block made with the Rolled Paper fabric, I wasn't hugely excited by it when I looked on line originally but it looks lovely here, and I like the colour. Perhaps I could just go and have another look see!

Frances Meredith said...

love the jewel colours of your Snow Crystal.

Bella G. Bear said...

That kaffe fasset fabric works so nice in this block!