Saturday, October 15, 2016

Sunrise Piglets

Today I couldn't generate enough enthusiasm for striped fish, standing bunnies or owls. Instead I thought I would make a couple of piglets. I absolutely loved Cynthia's pig race quilt over at Quilting is more fun than housework (aka Oh Scrap!), and I would like to make one for our quilt guild (local children get a book and a quilt). 

Of course, I took the sunrise theme at the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge a wee bit literally...

And then because I finished that baby bow tie quilt, I thought it might be nice to make a bow tie piglet. And if you would like to root around and see what others are doing with their scraps, race over to the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge.

12 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely piggies - now you;re going to have an amazing collection of animals at your pace. Just seen the post from Cythia - love the quilt she made.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I put my money on the sunset piglet. He looks super fast ;)

Ariane said...

These are super cute!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great Piglet blocks!! Gotta love a piglet in formal wear.

Cathy said...

Cute piglets! I too loved Cynthia's pig race quilt, and would love to see you do one too!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So cute! These piglets definitely look like a fun project!

LA Paylor said...

squeal! what cute little piggies. Wearing bows.

PaulaB quilts said...

Those piglets are so lucky to have a top designer making their amazing outfits. You should be on Porject Runway if they have one for piggie models.

Pamela Arbour said...

Darling piggies. I hope to make some of those one day!

Karen said...

Adorable piggies. The bow tie is a great addition to you piggie.

gayle said...

You know how much I love piglets - these are perfect! Especially that little bowtie guy!
Maybe we should do a worldwide piglet quilt along?

Lisa said...

This little piglet... is extremely cute!