Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Where Am I?

I admired Cathy's (from Crazy By Design) quarterly list of works in progress. I thought I would try a simpler effort...round up the lost Rainbow Scrappy Challenge projects. I feel I have a firm handle on the sheep, speedy chickens, pinwheels and spools. But the cows...first I had to find the cows. We are almost at the last month and I only have four. And one still has horns. Happily for this dairy cow, removing the horns will only require a seam ripper.

Well, if you think the cow project is lame, you should check out the lions. The good news is that I have once again united the red lion face with its mane. Now all I have to do is give it a body and a background.


8 comments:

gayle said...

Rawrrr!
Though I hope the lions don't frighten the cattle...

Cathy said...

I really like your cows, but the lions are my favorites. I'm sure Molly will appreciate that since they're all part of the same big cat family.

Mystic Quilter said...

I love your cows, lions too and I've missed quite a few of your posts due to illness, I'll catch up tomorrow - hopefully!

Dorothy said...

And where do we go in order to learn how to do the lions---they take my breath and imagination away :-)

Julia G said...

I love how you make animals. I remember seeing your fish at the Hampton show years ago, and then later seeing your pig quilt at Hampton. You had your blog address in the write-up and I have enjoyed your blog ever since. Your blog makes me smile 😊.

works4me said...

Glad you found your blocks and reunited your lion face with his so important mane. Personally, I like the horns and would leave them. Just another surprise in such a fun quilt. :)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

oh leave the horns... its so cute ( ps some dairy cows have horns) and the lions - I Love them

Preeti said...

Your cows are udderly adorable :-D The lions are so cute too. This is the first time I want to throw my arms around a lion and plant a wet sloppy kiss allover its multi-hued mane. Gosh, I need these two so badly!!!