Here are the teal coins for the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge, one day late. On Saturday, I pulled out blue scraps and green scraps to pick out the blue/green and green/blue bits. I also thought I should make a teal chameleon, so I pulled out lots and lots of batiks...but the chameleon was too well hidden in the fabric so that was that. On Saturday, I made a mess and this morning Molly and Buddy dived in and out of the piles chasing after the laser dot. Such fun!
I also made a third panel for the "garden mosaic," AKA demented, AKA dementor quilt. And now I am going to change its name to the fake-out quilt. Because this looks so much harder than it is.
I agree that this quilt has a lot of seams, but it does not require handling tiny pieces.
A chameleon's eye is the smallest part of that block at 1.25 inches. Because that's usually as small as I'm willing to go, the chameleon block is quite large.
Meanwhile, I use strips to make those weird rectangle units that are cut into triangles---and they are an astounding 4 inches across. And that is the smallest size unit that I have to handle when putting together the squares and triangles. Plus, as an added benefit, the triangles nestle into each other, and then the square units' seams nestle. So yes, lots of seams, but no tiny pieces. And lots of seam cuddling.