Friday, June 1, 2018

I-spy Quarter Finals

It's the quarter final for the I-spy quilt top front--that is, I have assembled the blocks to the point that I have four hunks for the front of the quilt.  I still need to assemble the back using 99 more blocks.

For the next step, I will layer this top to batting. Then I will machine quilt on the outside of each block forming a grid on the batting. After that, I can layer the back to the batting following the grid.

Here's a close-up look at six of the blocks.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Are you needing more I-Spy fabrics? Tell me what size, and I'll have Smitty run them over to you. (A plea for letting me foist off some of my voluminous stash on you.)

Mystic Quilter said...

Looking good!! A certain someone is going to be thrilled with his reversible quilt.

Louise said...

So fun! Getting close to the finish line :)
louise dot hornor at gmail

gayle said...

If your quilt is spying from both sides, does that make it a double agent?
I'll get my coat...

Cathy said...

That’s a great assembly method. Do you quilt it again after the back is aligned and attached? And Gayle’s comment made me think of Mad Magazine and the Spy vs. Spy feature.