Sunday, July 22, 2018

Vintage butterflies

I did get the first set of vintage butterfly blocks sewn together. I still have to decide whether or not to add a border.

I also managed to get out to the Mt. Hood River area known as the fruit loop (because of all of the orchards and fruit stands.) I was enjoying the "cut your own" flower garden when I looked up and saw the elephant in the room.

Also, with all of the kerfurrfle over cat poses, Buddy thought he would give it a try. Please don't laugh.

Meanwhile, Molly is in big trouble. Buddy came to show me his brand new mouse toy. Because I'm a wet blanket, I informed him that it was a birthday present and should still be enclosed in a package. Of course, the package was missing. And yes, I finally found it...Molly was literally
lounging on top of the package...an assortment of mice and package remnant.

Because I did not see Molly steal the package and open it, I could not convict her of stealing, but she is certainly guilty of the cover up.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Dear Molly, You seem to be in all kinds of legal hot water this week. I do like the bad girls. Fondly, Smitty

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Whitney Dallas, one of our last kitties, would catch the snakes when they first hatched out in the woods and bring them home to play with. Yuck. When I would go check to see what she was doing, she would sit on the evidence like Molly does. Must be innate in those girls......

gayle said...

Molly is definitely an accessory after the fact. And probably before the fact. And during the fact.

Louise said...

Your butterflies look great! I love all the groovy fabrics you used in them. Having spent quite a bit of time in the PNW, I understand how that elephant can sneak up on you :)