Thursday, May 21, 2020

Blog Relaunch


Here are two new postage stamp blocks. Long time ago I started a quilt that borrows from Klein Meisje Quilts blog, where Lynn is making a boat load of quilts that contrast solids and prints. Wanda at Exuberant Color is also taking this journey. I am so far constraining myself to the postage stamp quilt and the zipper quilt. Although I love the concept, I couldn't bring myself to go all the way to solids, so I am using Spotted by Zen Chic instead.

Now you may be wondering what I meant by relaunching the blog. It's really more that I am adding a new blog post, but to do that, I had to relaunch myself into a vertical position. This was instigated by a nasty note I received from Smitty from Three Cat Ranch. He was posing as Barbara, and we know just how well he poses! The threatening and ominous note said "Everything okay? Haven't heard from you for a while. Just checking in. Hope you're okay."

In my head, this translates into: "Are you really going to let yourself devolve into a gelatinous puddle topped with two parasitic fat cats? It's okay to be weird, but we frown on pathetic. Although you have no self-respect. pretend you do. You're burning daylight--a very rare commodity in Portland."


The top two blocks are two new zipper blocks that I added to the other three I made some time in the distant past.

These four measly blocks took quite a bit of effort because I am quite out of practice and I had to dig my sewing machine out of layers of fabric I used to keep Molly away from the thread. Yesterday, I was only able to sew for a few hours because soon Molly had moved in front of the machine and then placed herself in my arms so I could only hold her...for the rest of the day.


So this morning, in a fit of brilliance, I turned Molly's heated bed back on and now we can both resume our lives...which has always pretty much looked like a pandemic lock down.


Not all of my time has been spent supine. I did put a new cat tree together for Molly so that she can get to the top of the fabric shelving.


This is how Molly supervised the construction. At first she did not approve. She likes to scale piles of fabric and doesn't approve of weird new contraptions that don't smell like cat.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

I think that Smelling Like Cat is key. I think I’ll go strew some cat hair (copious amounts of which are being shed all over the floors and dark clothing) on the little cave bed that neither cat will go into. It’s like they think that they’ll be cornered, caught and taken to the vet for teeth cleaning. They’re always four steps ahead of me... I love your zipper blocks and have been eyeing those for awhile on a couple blogs.

Frances Meredith said...

Glad to see Smitty keeping you on your toes.

Beth in NH said...

So glad you are back! I have had my eye on these two blocks but they got lost in my brain. Now they are back. Thank you.

Barbara said...

Your translation of Smitty’s message was purrfect. I might have to change the computer password now that I know he’s sending nasty notes to my blogging friends.

gayle said...

Good for Smitty! (I'll tell my Lynx that he can stand down - he'd been practicing his typing in order to accomplish the same thing) (At least that's what he told me was the reason why he keeps walking across the keyboard)
I hope Molly continues to let you sew. Love the zippers!

QuiltGranma said...

Have you seen the film "Wal-E"? I think that is the correct spelling. It is a cute humorous animation of what will happen to us if we do not get our exercise during our venture into outer space as the earth heals from what destruction we have done to it. Love your FAT cats!