Friday, May 1, 2020

Welcome to May


Molly hopes you are enjoying social isolation as much as she does.


But Molly's rules for social distancing do not include staff, unfortunately. This is pretty much what my day looks like.


At the same time, my backyard is showing off its best finery.


And I finished the half way mark on my 25 million stitches project. However, since its due in a few days, I am not going to be able to fill it in completely with rings...so it has all the diagonal lines in one direction, and will only have bands of diagonals in the other direction. I have been burying the threads to allow the panel to be seen from both sides given I don't know how the final installation works. And yes, this is very hard to photograph. I am showing both sides so you can see it with and without the design markings.

Meanwhile, given this is the beginning of the month, I did pick a new bird for the month, pretending the project is still ongoing. And yes, as you might expect...the bird for May is Vulture!

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

Yes, yes, yes, YES! Vulture month is here!!! Also your yard is really pretty. 😁

Mystic Quilter said...

Your backyard is looking beautiful, I love the blossom on the tree.

Barbara said...

I was wondering how you were doing with your 25 million stitches month. And now I’m wondering why I might expect May to be vulture month. It’s also my birthday month. Coincidence?

gayle said...

Yay vulture! I've been waiting and waiting for this month!

Magpie Sue said...

Well done getting in that many stitches. Too bad Molly wasn't willing to pitch in, you might have been able to complete your plans! ;-)

QuiltGranma said...

Wow, that is a lot of beautiful stitching even if it only went in one direction!