Sunday, May 24, 2020

Wandering and maybe a bit cranky


My sewing machine continues to burp out these micro spools. These are for a charm quilt--all different fabrics. And each spool is a 1.5 inches square finished. I think I have less than 1,000 more to make.


You may not know this, but every house in Portland comes with roses. I'm not a big fan. And this is what they look like if you don't water, feed or trim them. Plus, for some reason these were planted under an evergreen and get relatively little sun. So yes, they get a bit angry and in your face, but not quite as bad as Little Shop of Horrors.


They also bring along their friends for extra intimidation.


And just in case you thought I forgot that this is vulture month, this is a foam vulture that I made from a kit. Making this vulture, I discovered the meaning of pointless.


And please do not believe the hype about the Buddy mask. It is not a good idea to have holes in the side of a mask so your whiskers can stick out and warn you of any social distance encroachment. The openings for the nose are a flaw not a feature. And no one should market a mask that allows you to enjoy a light snack or bite your sister's ears when you think she is annoying.

10 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I forgaot your spools were that tiny - what a long term project, but going to be stunning. I love roses, but that is odd to plant under a pine.

Vicki W said...

I love all your tiny spools! (I really, really love the pointless vulture!)

Kathy S. said...

Oh my I LOVE the tiny spools. No, I didn't know about every house in Portland having roses. They are gorgeous. I have ZERO roses on our eight acres. I don't know why I don't have roses. ??? LOL on your discovering the meaning of pointless on your foam vulture. I have many pointless crafts as well. Have a great holiday weekend!

gayle said...

I love it all - from the pointless vulture to the feral roses!
The Buddy mask may have design flaws, but it's seriously cute!

Barbara said...

Oh my...now that vulture is a work of art! Smitty is having the same problem with his mask.

Cathy said...

The vulture is awesome! I love its claws, but they pale in comparison to Buddy’s mask. He is so trendy! I’ll take your roses; I can never get enough. I’ve had a hard time finding nice roses in the last several years as the better nurseries have closed down. And this year.... forget it.

Dolores said...

Love your roses. I hope they give off a fragrance. Since life is so short, I cannot make anything as small as those spools. My hat's off to you for making them.

QuiltGranma said...

Love your tiny spools, and Buddy just always knows how to show the INNOCENT face.

Dawn said...

I think its OK that Buddy and Molly are hugging each other--they are really socially distancing together after all.........:))
There is a Kaffe quilt which I have been itching to make--it's called Two Up, Two Down I think. It's in one of his books, which I get from the library...whenver they open again. Anyway, its a beautiful, small quilt of houses, with lots of windows and doors......I think it would be a beautiful quilt made up in Kaffe fabrics. Thanks so much for the opportunity.

Beth Strand said...

I once read that the definition of optimism was try to grow roses without chemicals in Portland! I love my roses but I'm frankly not very good at them. And, I've rarely seen an aphid on applique! Just saying...