Monday, May 25, 2020

Zippers and Windows


Two new zipper blocks.


And two window blocks. These are based on a recent quilt top made by Lynn Dykstra (Klein Meisje Quilts) using the block Patience Corner and her series of quilts combining prints and solids. Her blocks finish at about eight inches and mine finish at 6.25 inches. I cut 1.25 inch strips for the panes and a 2.75 inch strip for the centers.


Meanwhile, with so much togetherness, I do feel a bit of contention in the air, especially about technical issues. Molly insists that sewing thread needs a lot of conditioner and I insist that she stop chewing on the thread. I cover the machine, but this probably just makes it more fun for her. I did  finally convince her to stop...not with my impeccable logic...but by taking the thread out of the machine and putting it a drawer.

2 comments:

gayle said...

Did you lock the drawer?

Cherie in St Louis said...

Oh boy.....you've upped the challenge!