Friday, April 17, 2020

Staycation


A thoughtful kitten has a lot to ponder these days. For example, the other day I opened the sliding glass door leading to the backyard so Molly could enjoy the sights and sounds from behind the screen door. However, I didn't notice that the screen door was also open. Molly sat politely on the back step wondering which was worse, my mental lapse or taking advantage of a mental lapse. Happily, I scooped her up and brought her inside before she could decide. As a compromise, she spent the rest of the afternoon at the front door demanding to be let outside. (She is an indoor only cat...)


Also, we are all trying to ignore the elephant in the room who blocks out the sun. And we mean this literally.


And while we honor Buddy and his choice to identify as a cat now, we really can't ignore his earlier life choice as a pony.  (P.S. Molly is a normal cat size.)


And yes, I have made a pattern for a downey woodpecker block. However, an earlier attempt at a paper-pieced version ended up all twisted around. Plus...

Her attention span shrunk to the size of a gnat.
Then a breeze blew it away and that was that.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my, Buddy IS. a big boy! I knew you have referred to him as a pony, but until I saw him next to Molly, I had no idea just how big he really was! We have a kitten here (11 months now) who I'm not sure is done growing and might turn out Buddy-size...I keep thinking he is done growing, but then I wake up and he seems taller again today! And I'm glad Molly didn't make a break for it. Good girl. Give her extra treats!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

What a lovely woodpecker! Good thing you have the digital copy!

gayle said...

Buddy is what you get when you order the large economy size...
Sounds like you might be having as hard a time holding a focus as I am. We'll just hang in there.

Cathy said...

Well, I’m glad for Buddy that he’s settled on identifying as a cat, but if he gets any bigger he could be mistaken for a fuzzy cow. That’s said with all the love and respect I have for your cute boy (that Darla has a crush on). (“crush” might be a poor word choice here). Are you hanging in there? And that gnat quote (Seuss or Trude?) is so relatable...

MissPat said...

Yikes, I didn't really comprehend how much bigger Buddy is. It was good of Molly not to escape into the wild. No one needs any more drama than we already have.
Pat