Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Sheep and Lego Woodpecker


Finally, I wrangled all the sheep together and now Molly informs me I have to cut them apart to ensure social distancing. Yeah sure, if she believed in social distancing she would get off me.

The next step for the sheep is to make a border of sheep ears. As you might imagine, this will require me to make a lot more sheep, and then I will shear off the ears to make the border. I hope I think of an easier way to do that.


And I may have had a falling out with hummingbirds...but this is the beginning of a new month. And the bird for April is the woodpecker. Recently there were two downey woodpeckers playing in my backyard. And I certainly miss the pileated woodpeckers that hung out in the woods around my house in Virginia.


So we will start the month of April with a pileated woodpecker built from Legos. And if you want to go down a rabbit hole filled with birds, I would suggest you visit My Owl Barn.

9 comments:

Frances Meredith said...

Looking forward to the woodpeckers in April.

Kathy S. said...

LOVE your sheep!

Barbara said...

The sheep are adorable. Clever design. I like your woodpecker too.

Turid said...

Your sheep are so fun. I love your quilt. And I think you'll find a way for your border, the easiest way.

gayle said...

I will avert my eyes as you gather your border bits.
And that Owl Barn is the deeeeeeeeepest rabbit hole I've been down in a long time...

Vicki W said...

Lego woodpecker is awesome!

Cathy said...

I just loves those sheepses! This is going to be a fun month with the woodpeckers! Do you they’ll get into a knock-knock joke contest with the owls?

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, the BAAAAAssssss are just adorable!

Julia G said...

The sheep look great! I love your quilts.