Monday, April 13, 2020

Pileated Postage and Mug


Let's all take a moment and feel sorry for this pathetic pileated woodpecker with the broken beak. Apparently, he tried to put a hole in a very hard head instead of a tree.


At least he can drink away his sorrows using his new pileated woodpecker mug.

Meanwhile, Molly tried to teach me about 100 new words today. Molly is a dedicated kitten and is trying very hard to fulfill her responsibilities to homeschool me now that I am under the "Stay home, Stay safe" edict. She is also trying to keep the house sanitized my subduing Mr. Cooties, aka Buddy.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Gee, and all my cats do is track sand out of their litter box and hack up hair balls in the hallway. Oh, and nap. Because the aforementioned activities are so taxing. I’d say that was a cute pleated woodpecker, but ..., but. But the mug is delightful! xo

Julia G said...

Your choice of fabrics in the woodpecker is fabulous! Very realistic feeling to it. I really love the fussy cut eye.

MissPat said...

I think this might be the woodpecker who was trying to peck my cement chimney last fall. Could he have flown from NY to OR?
Pat

gayle said...

Were most of the words Molly was trying to teach you just synonyms for 'dagnabbit'? Those are the kind that Lynx tries to teach me...

gayle said...

Oh, and the mug is fabulous!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is too cool!!! and the fabric you used for the eye is fantastic!