Saturday, April 4, 2020

Pileated Scraps


Today's pileated woodpecker is formed from scraps that were hanging out on the floor by the design wall. These are mostly bits used for the hummingbird. They are also used by Buddy who likes piles of scraps to attack and slide into when he's playing laser mouse. He likes to play right after his first breakfast and then end with a second breakfast. So I wasn't that surprised to find that he had dropped his laser pointer toy in his food dish and left it there.


And here's Buddy trying to figure out what I'm up to. He saw me taking a photo and realized I was probably in need of a big-headed object.

On the quilting front, I should mention that I am joining Gayle at Mangofeet's pandemic quilt challenge. For this challenge, one starts a new quilt, and then another, and then a few more so that the new starts reach exponential growth. I have just begun the challenge so the new piles are barely detectable to the kitten scientist who would stamp out such nonsense with intense lap sitting and playtime.

3 comments:

gayle said...

Love that scrappy little woodpecker!
I've been cutting pieces for another quilt start... Glad to see you're joining me!
(psst - the link goes to a cute bunny mask tutorial)

Cathy said...

What a great idea to just do quilt starts! Starts are the best part, like icing on a cupcake. But also like icing, they’re probably not a satisfying long-term diet.

Julia G said...

You're such an artist! You've really conveyed the woodpecker with just a few simple forms. The pandemic quilt challenge is hilarious, but really - start 1 project, then 2 the next day, then 4 the next, then 8, then 16... I don't think you can keep that up for long...