Sunday, April 5, 2020

To Do: Woodpecker


I did spend time out in the garden today enjoying lots of sunshine. Inside, Molly enjoyed sunshine in the chair next to the window. This chair used to be mine until Buddy stole it from me. I think Molly's heated bed was too warm, so she moved to a second choice location. Buddy was quite upset and tried to settle in the chair right on top of her. So I laid out a soft blanket in a sunny location and gave her a spa treatment. So of course Buddy now wanted to be there and tried to lay on top of her again. When she wouldn't budge he tried to bite her foot.  So that was my day "staying safe, but not quite sane"...how was yours?

With so much drama, I thought I should work out a to do list and put it on my bulletin board.


And here is the first block to my first quilt of the pandemic quilt challenge (PQC), where challengers try to start quilts at an exponential pace. As you would expect, some of the rules are uncertain. For example, is one block enough to signal beginning a quilt. Molly says that that someone could just be working on a sampler quilt, making more progress as they go along. I suggested that just thinking of a new quilt might count...those are like asymptomatic quilts that go undetected.

However, whatever the rules, the new quilt is called Zip or the zipper quilt and was first presented by Klein Meisje Quilts...where Lynn is making a series of quilts combining prints and solids. Wanda at Exuberant Color has also been making her versions of these quilts. I had put off starting a solid/print quilt of my own because I have my solids packed away and did not want to release them into the sewing room (given all the bird feathers and cats). So instead of a solid, I am using an "almost solid" called Spotted by Zen Chic.

3 comments:

Beth in NH said...

I saw this yesterday and thought, a quilt to start. Not sure that will happen but between masks and just catching up, which will NEVER happen, will put this one in my brain to dream about. Aren't cats funny?

gayle said...

I'm admiring that pushpin Woody!
And a Kaffee Zipper will be a fantabulous quilt! (What size strips are you using, just in case I want to start a zipper quilt, too?) (Because what's one more quilt start?)

Cathy said...

The woodpecker is clever. I’d keep wondering if the woodpeckers and owls are having a Knock Knock Joke-Off.
Woodpecker: Knock-knock.
Owl: Hoo’s there?
Woodpecker: Knock-knock.
Owl: Hoo’s there?
Woodpecker: Knock-knock....

Come to think of it, that reminds me of my quarantine days, running on and on. Must be time to start my pandemic quilt. I think your idea will “catch on” and go viral...