Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Pileated Print


Here is a pileated print. I made it quite a while ago, so today's effort was finding it.

Also, I realized that my initial assumptions about the pandemic exponential quilt start challenge (PEQSC) were faulty when I assumed that the exponential increase was DAILY. For a pandemic, a doubling every four days suggests unconstrained growth, and here in Oregon we are happy to see the growth slow to doubling roughly every six days (with all the requisite caveats that these numbers are based on minimal testing etc., etc., etc.)

But in terms of PEQSC, I have decided to double the starts every week instead of daily. It's still ridiculous and unmanageable, but at least I don't have to admit defeat immediately.

3 comments:

MissPat said...

Good thing you came to your senses so quickly. Must be you were delirious from a high fever. So glad you are one the mend now.
Pat

gayle said...

I agree with your take on this. Which means it's okay that I didn't start my tumbler quilt today.

Cathy said...

I think doubling the starts every week is doable! That’s 15 starts in April. We could all do that with one hand! Oh wait, I just looked over at Bruce and his bandages. Maybe that wouldn’t be so doable unless we used both hands. Oh, I really like your woodpecker print!