Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Finally!

 

Here are all of the postage stamp blocks ready to be rearranged on the design wall. It's amazing how useful a photo/computer can be to show you where things may be out of balance and have large pits of dark despair. 

The postage stamps finish at one inch so the blocks finish at 8 inches. This eight block by eleven block configuration takes up the entire design wall. So my biggest challenge this week was getting the area in front of the design cleared out enough to use it and take the full photograph.

Part of that process was putting away the Bernina 930 and its sewing table. It has been giving me skipped stitches and other oddities. It will eventually go off for a service visit. This poor dear has had to put up with me for over 40 years so I think it might enjoy some time isolated in a dark closet.

And here are the slackers lounging in their heated beds. Here Buddy is in the large bed and Molly is in the small bed. This morning Buddy was running around the house yelling that it was time to "pony up" which we think simply means that "the pony is up."

12 comments:

Julierose said...

Enjoy re-arranging your postage stamp blocks...that is quite a challenge...they are just lovely;)))
hugs from afar julierose

Kathy E. said...

To me, the best quilt designs are the ones that allow my eye to roam all over and soak up the goodness. This is one of those quilts, for sure! So many fabric bits and so much color! It really looks awesome.

julieQ said...

Love your postage stamp quilt! I was thinking you had your cats sorted in sorting baskets! Haha!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is just awesome! I agree with Kathy, you want those eyes to roam all over.

Jerilea Hendrick said...

Your postage stamps look fantastic. Its been fun watchimg th grow. I use the same Bernina that i received from my grandma. Works like a dream but like yours needs a periodic tu eup....but covid hasn't helped with that.

gayle said...

Hi-yo, Buddy, and away!
My trusty old 1971 Singer is still chugging merrily along, though I have a more modern machine that I use for my workhorse nowadays.
Love those postage stamps! It's like a mad confetti storm!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Skipped stitches are usually a result of lint build up in the hook area, the tension area, and needle. If you clean out the areas real good with a soft paintbrush, taking the hook apart, and oiling, a new needle put in the right way and general oiling, it should be fine. Only the computerized ones are more electronically finicky. I sew on an old Bernina 830 record from the 70s. Wish I could clean it for you. My other machines are 60's Singers and one 110 year old Singer 15 treadle. Love the postage stamp quilt.

Susan said...

I had to take my 46-year-old Kenmore in for service. After winding a bobbin the fly-wheel won't engage to move the feed dogs. They have a 3 week backlog ahead of mine, so no sewing for a while, except by hand.

Your postage stamp blocks are looking great.

sue s said...

The quilt is so impressive! I'm wondering how quilting goes with all those seams? I have a 45yo Viking Husqvarna which is my workhorse, and a Janome 7700 which isn't the dream machine I thought it would be.

or-ar quilter said...

I love your postage stamp blocks. All together it looks like a happy confetti party. And we all can use more happiness right now! Thank you for sharing and Happy Thanksgiving.

QuiltGranma said...

I need one of those heated cat beds to put my feet in, since we are in an RV and the floor is cold.

Mary said...

Congrats upon finished first all those blocks. It’s a stunner