Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Symbolic Kittens


Despite a thorough application of alcohol in the sewing room, the kitten pandemic continues. Today there are four new cases. I have noticed that the kittens have led some to make comments that may be figurative, not literal or vice versa. In particular, I don't know how kittens can hide easter eggs or quilts become squirrels. Molly says explaining anything to me is above her pay grade.


Meanwhile, Molly is somewhat concerned about some of the toys promoted on her favorite shopping channel: Kitten.Academy. 

Item 1 is Buddy's favorite toy and he brings it to bed, to his food dish and to his playroom (aka sewing room). This toy's name is Buddy's Buddy. 

Item 2 is Buddy's favorite toy and he gives it several good bites and kicks everyday. It's name is Molly.

Item 3 is not a toy. This is an insulting menace. Buddy and Molly consider it such a nuisance that I toss it between Molly and Buddy when they square off to scuffle. They are not afraid of the flopping fish...well, except for the potential damage to their reputation if seen anywhere near it. So yeah, I guess it's my favorite cat toy.


This is Molly's favorite toy. She likes to "condition" the thread. She also enjoys hearing me gasp/grumble/spew when I forget to check the spool and end up with thread piles, breakage and mangled patchwork.


4 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Hmm, if you were in NYS, I would say that the covid lockdown is getting to you. However, you are on the west coast, so I think the kitties need to get you out more. Just kidding, just like you.

Cathy said...

Well, of course the lockdown is getting to you. Alfie was going to say that it was getting to Molly even worse, but Darla gave him a swift paw upside the head before he typed it out. She understands that Molly has the magic spit (like Darla herself does) that conditions threads for their subordinates and makes their own furs silky soft. That said, both Alfie and Darla give Rosie the Rat two paws up, the kicking banana one leg up (Alfie), and two paws down to the flopping fish. Personally, I prefer the cute little Pandemic Kittens.

Susan said...

Maybe the kitties have a symbiotic relationship. As for the thread issue, maybe you could just put the fish by the thread.

gayle said...

I'll never understand kittens' fascination with thread when they have a perfectly good sibling to beat up on right there next to them. Er... I mean 'play with', of course...