Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Chips to Shards


 Today I returned to Shards, the quilt from the most recent Kaffe Fassett book. The orange and green looks a bit off next to the blue, but hopefully it will have friends by the time I have finished. The last block features an old Kaffe fabric called Freckles along with Kathy Doughty's budgies (parakeets).

And today we return to the Clark County Quilters show to look at some tiny piecing. This is the famous Omigosh quilt by Sue Garmin, made by Vicky Mikesh (featured a couple of posts ago).

And here is a quilt made by Anne Gillihan based on the book by Tula Pink featuring 100 blocks. However, in the book, the blocks finish at six inches and here they finish at 1.5 inches. 


Here's a closeup in case you don't have a microscope handy.


4 comments:

gayle said...

And I thought *I* liked tiny blocks...

Julia G said...

Incredible! Thanks for sharing the quilts.

Barbara said...

6" to 1.5"? That's just showing off. :-)

Your shards are great. That's in my future "in due time".

Mystic Quilter said...

Loving your Shards blocks - how many blocks already finished? I like that you've used some of Kathy's budgie fabric in one of the blocks, I have a little of that but hanging on to it until I find a suitable quilt home.