Thursday, October 21, 2021

Quilt Show In Real Life


 Today I went to the Clark County Quilt Show...and it was quite wonderful. The quilts were impressive and the aisles were wide with room for social distancing. When I turned into the aisle with this quilt I laughed out loud. First, its made out of plaids so it looked as though it had been made from the same stash as my Bunny Hop quilt. And yet, it is spools. I thought...oh, I might have to make one...until I realized that it is all half-square triangles (HSTs) and I immediately reached for my allergy medicine.

This quilt is named Play It Again. It was made by Vicky Mikesh (our volunteer coordinator) from a Bonnie Hunter pattern. Linda Ivy quilted it.

The bunnies were strutting their stuff and were quite pleased that they had won the best hand quilting award. I noted that they had essentially one the award for being the only quilt with hand quilting and that in future years it will be called "The Throwback Award." At that point they had stopped listening to me as you can see by the kinked ears.

The chameleons were there too...but they were so frightened by the lights that they were frozen in place.

8 comments:

Cathy said...

Well, congrats on winning the Best Hand Quilting. I’m sure that the chameleons would’ve won Best in Show if they weren’t so shy! And that spiked spool quilt is cool. I love it, but like you, so many HSTs make me sneeze. I don’t recall that Bonnie Hunter pattern… I guess I’ll have to go digging through my books to find it so I can cross it out, LOL..

Linda Swanekamp said...

Today I am finally going to a quilt show in our area. It is so neat that you can see your quilts hanging for all to see. They look wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

gayle said...

Those poor shy chameleons do look a little bit startled. They definitely weren't prepared for all the oohing and ahhing they were getting. (And I have no doubts they were getting plenty!)

Barbara said...

Congratulations! You won the hand quilting award for the same reason I often win in the hand embroidery section. There just aren’t that many people doing hand work. Love your chameleons.

Susan said...

Congratulations on the Best Hand Quilting ribbon. Whether or not it was the only one quilted by hand, you won it. They could have decided not to hand one out at all. Since chameleons can change colors, maybe no one could see them to give them an award. I would have.

Julia G said...

Looks fabulous! I love seeing your quilts. Congrats!

Vicki W said...

Your quilts look great hanging in the show! I still have the chameleon little quilt that you made for me and it's hanging by my longarm. I get to see it almost every day.

Vireya said...

Congratulations!

Your quilts both look great in the show. I'm looking forward to one day being able to attend a quilt show in real life again.