Thursday, December 30, 2021

Shard Ending


 Before I began the Clown quilt, I had cut lots of 2.5 inch strips to make the hourglass blocks for this variation of Kaffe Fassett's shards quilt. I was sewing these as I was sewing the clown quilt. Not as organized as leaders and enders. More like two commingled piles.

At this point, I almost have enough blocks for the whole quilt. I want to get it up on the design wall to see how well the various blocks blend together. This will also help me decide what size to make it.

Okay, some of the Shards blocks may have gotten Clown Cooties.

And speaking of clowns...I had to drape Buddy's favorite "Mouse on a Wand" toy over my forehead to get him to look up. 

6 comments:

gayle said...

Well, as long as he didn't fling himself at the mouse...
I'm looking forward to seeing all those shards blocks together!
And Happy New Year to you and your kittens!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love your shard blocks and am still trying to decide if I am going to make one of them.
Happy New Year!!

Susan said...

I am trying to imagine what the shards quilt will look like. I guess I will just have to wait and see. Happy new year to you and the kitties.

Dorothy said...

Have a happy healthy New Year

MissPat said...

Aw, I think Buddy should have grabbed the camera and taken a picture of you with the mouse on a wand on your head. I'm pretty sure I would be allergic to making that many hourglass units. Happy New Year to you the kitten and the pony.
Pat

Cathy said...

You with a mouse wand on your head! Now *that’s* an image I’d love to see! I’m thinking your clown shards will be a standout block in that quilt.