Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Change of Scenery


 I finally got the seahorses ironed and on the table for layering. I did have to take clamps from the design wall and clamp the seahorses to the table. Apparently draping fabric and batting over a table attracts a nefarious cat to hide under the table while an equally nefarious cat attacks from the outside. This is not conducive for lump-free layering.

Meanwhile, in yesterday's comments Wanda from Exuberant Color suggested I swap the red and purple corners of the log cabin quilt. Of course, typically I would do whatever Wanda says. Unfortunately the block switch of red and purple does not work with this configuration because the red block's outer edge is black while the outer edge of the purple block is white. If reversed, they would line up with similarly configured blocks. This happens because the quilt is 8 blocks across and 7 blocks down (like the original). 

Molly rates the above paragraph with five Zs!

4 comments:

Julierose said...

Are those seahorses poking their heads out to see if it's warm yet? ;)))
They are so neat!! Hugs, Julierose

cbott said...

Well, if Molly sleeps through the construction explanation of art, she's missing half the fun!

It was a thought, it wasn't feasible, and now you're that much closer to getting this one DONE!

My two furbutts prefer to keep my basting projects firmly weighed down in the center of the table. Given even the slightest invitation of a turned back, however, my boycat will find his way under any unclamped edge. He's not very good at How Not To Be Seen when it comes to fabrics smoothed out on a table.

Carolyn

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

And I forgot to check the alternating black/white area!

gayle said...

I would be holding the two blocks and a seam-ripper and trying to decide whether or not to dis- and re- assemble. I could probably keep up the dithering for days...