Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Final Layout?


 I'll leave it to you to figure out if this is a new post or not. I did move around some blocks. When I began, I was paying more attention to the estate sale version of this quilt which had lots of whitish centers. I suspect that some centers had been colorful but faded over time. 

As I went along I changed some of the lighter centers for more medium/light. And today, because I didn't want to make a new block, I pulled out a center and put in a new one...a little more complicated with a log cabin block than just a set-in square.

6 comments:

Sumac said...

Pretty!

Anonymous said...

So much to look at and appreciate in this quilt.

Ceci

Julierose said...

Gosh, removing and replacing log cabin centers sounds challenging!! I like this layout a lot...such a pretty quilt--lovely work! Hugs, Julierose

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I am wondering if you should switch the single red and purple blocks with each other.

cbott said...

YES! My cats agree with Wanda re the corners. So much closure.

Carolyn

gayle said...

Wanda is always wise.
I love your version even more than the inspiration quilt!