Friday, January 19, 2024

Log Cabin Quilt Top


 Putting this quilt top together is all I have to show for the recent ice storm. Ice storms are fickle and our neighborhood did not have enough rain and low temperatures at the same time to accrue much ice. We also didn't have a power outage. Nor did we have photo worthy winter wonderland views.  So please accept this photo of the quilt top as your consolation prize.

As a reminder, this is a photo from an estate sale ad and was the inspiration for my version.

14 comments:

Hubblebird said...

I think this is one of my all time favourite quilts ever. If you can enter it into a quilt show, then I reckon you should do it.

Julie in GA said...

Your log cabin quilt top is gorgeous! This was the first time I zoomed in to take a close look at the special block centers--fantastic!

Julierose said...

Love the vibrancy of your "take" on this quilt...I agree about entering it into a show for sure...
Stay warm--hugs Julierose

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Great consolation prize! It is beautiful, graphic, colorful. I don't think I have to make mine now, I can just visit the photo of yours.

Quilting Babcia said...

I love the vibrant colors, so cheerful for the cold gray winter skies we're having now. I'll echo the encouragement to enter this in a show or several!

Frogdancer Jones said...

Simply beautiful.

Shirley said...

You have created such an awesome quilt!!!

gayle said...

Well I'm certainly consolated! Glorious!

Julia Graves said...

Love your version!

Anonymous said...

Love this!
Andrea in MO

Cathy said...

Fabulous!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love your version- it sings a strong song!

Beth Strand said...

I love this!

Lisa England said...

I have been catching up on some blog posts I missed in the last month and just saw your very cool log cabin quilt. I love what you have done with this!