Thursday, November 21, 2019

Cat Competition


The last time I laid this quilt out I realized I was missing a couple of blocks. I also decided that I didn't want to lay out the smaller blocks, so I put four blocks into diamonds. I just tried to have a hot, bright triangle and a dark triangle in each set of blocks. Then when I laid these out, I discovered I was missing two large blocks. Buddy explained that really it had been 4 by 5 and now I was trying to make it 5 by 5, so I really have extra blocks. (And I discovered that Julie K is putting her Chantal Pinwheel quilt together too.)


Here is Molly. She is either reflecting on the loss of her squirrel, disappointed with my incompetence, or tired of me taking her photo.


Buddy was an excellent sport, so I demoted Molly to least beloved kitten in this household, and made Buddy my favorite. Then Buddy started chewing on a computer cord and I demoted him so that he is tied with Molly. Tomorrow is another day.

6 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

The quilt is just awesome! Love the flow in this pattern and great scrap user.

Anonymous said...

Buddy's eyes!!!! Oh my!

MissPat said...

I need to lay my Chantal's pinwheel blocks out too, and see if I have enough. Will you be adding a border? I can't decide if your feline supervision makes you more productive or keeps you from getting things done.
Pat

Barbara said...

I love all the color in your quilt blocks. I believe Molly is in mourning. She looks like Smitty when he gazes out the window at his lost Kingdom.

gayle said...

Buddy looks like he's trying to figure out if second-favorite and tied-for-last are the same thing or not.
I should get my Chantal's pinwheels out, too. I have no idea how many I have, though I suspect it's not as many as yours.

julieQ said...

I just love it that we are working on the same quilt! Love the colors and fabrics you are using!