Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Ostriches


Remember the ostriches? I had made five rows of ostriches.


And now they are connected. I will probably give it a bit of a border using the background fabric...then decide whether to bind with gray or background.


And yesterday I had a bit of excitement. I heard a pop and then the power went out. I checked the electric company outage map and it mentioned that 93 people in my area were out of power. The cause was under investigation with an estimate that the power would be restored within a couple of hours. Happily, I had already prepared my coffee, so no problem.

Then it slowly came to me that 93 houses isn't that big of an area which meant the problem was probably close by. And yes it was...right in my driveway. So rather than continue to check online, I went out into real life. Scary, I know. Because these trees were trimmed within the last few months, it is likely that there was some intermediary involvement. The electric company blamed a squirrel, but Molly will not believe it until she gets to inspect the evidence.

3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

We have a transformer on the pole at the end of my driveway. We have lived here since '76. Squirrels climbed that pole so many times and got fried it was just getting old. The electric company finally installed some kind of cover so that hasn't happened in many years. We just had a tree trimmed that had branches over the wires that lead to our house. Once years ago limbs kept brushing the wires (that was really two cables twisted together) and finally cut through one of them. The electric was off in 1/2 of our house. The electric company replaced it with a different cable, but now we try to keep it all trimmed. I wish we had taken a couple of trees down years ago. We had just a couple of branches trimmed a few weeks ago and that cost the same as taking a whole tree down about 10 years ago.
xx, Carol

gayle said...

I thought Molly kept those squirrels under closer surveillance than that. Was she too busy watching those tricky ostriches?
We have had recurring problems in our area with the cable mysteriously going out. They've finally found the problem - occasionally a snake will crawl into one of the junction boxes because it gets nice and warm and cozy inside. And then suddenly there is a fried snake and the cable goes out...

Cathy said...

Love your ostriches. Good to see you back online. I was about to pop Alfie in the mail to you to get some news.