Monday, November 11, 2019

Blue Scrappy Star Quilt Top


I made a red version of this string diamond last year and you can find the blog post here including a link to the inspiration quilt at the Mingei Museum. I made enough of the string diamonds to make two quilts. And yes, if you look very closely at the bottom left corner of the quilt, you will see that there are disruptive forces in my sewing room that make it hard to hang quilts straight...or do anything really.


Here is another view of the disruptive force, this time contained within an orb that used to be a bed for Molly. Molly now refers to it as "An Orb within an Orb."

7 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Gorgeous!! and the kitty is too cute!

gayle said...

Buddy's been promoted to Orb? I remember when he was just a pony...

Cathy said...

I’m loving your scrappy star! Is this the finished size or will you be making it larger?

QuiltGranma said...

This is one of my bucket list quilts to make! And loved going back and seeing Bounding Bunny again too. Thank you for sharing the quilts and the snoopervisers!

Mystic Quilter said...

It's a treat to see the finished top here - beautiful piece.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

This quilt is on my bucket list too. The blue one is pretty but I really lived the red one!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Loved not lived :)