Thursday, November 7, 2019

Ostrich Formation


It took me way too long to get to this point. Admittedly, ostriches ask a lot of stupid questions, but that wasn't the problem. I started these guys back in Virginia and have uncovered them many times. At one point, I had the fabric that I was using all together. Then the fabric was refiled when I decided not to make this quilt. Then I changed my mind. Again. I found all of the fabric except the dark gray fabric...and I had bits and pieces, but not enough to add a fifth row. Long story longer, I had pulled the dark gray fabric out to audition it for sheep. (Don't judge...some sheep like to dress up in ostrich feathers...and that's their choice).

Anyway, I'm going to have these maniacal birds staring at me until they tell me what I need to do next.

6 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ostriches are funny creatures.. and so are sheep for that matter.... ha ha

gayle said...

Every time I look at these big birds, all I get is a raggedy chorus of "peekaboo!" You're going to miss the good old days of owls telling knock knock jokes...

Cathy said...

Looks like there was an earthquake on the ostrich farm! Either that or they’re doing an Elvis impersonation - “All Shook Up”. Either way, they’re as cute as can be!

Raewyn said...

So much fun!!!

Sue SA said...

Gorgeous and hilarious!

Julia G said...

Love the ostriches. What about using four of the rows as a border around a really big ostrich? With something fun in the cornerstones?