Sunday, November 3, 2019

Digging Out


I guess if you start digging, you should expect to find an ostrich head or two. I also found three cows that had wondered off. I wasn't looking for it...but I also found Buddy's self-portrait.

I started moving quilts out of a cedar closet to give them a better home in the hall closet, and that meant digging stuff out of the hall closet. I found a tub that had lots of chickens, monkeys and singletons of a vulture, eagle, flamingo, raccoon, finch, blue jay etc. These had gotten separated from a bin of other experiments and works in progress.

In any case, I know I have pulled the ostriches out a couple of times now trying to remember what I had planned for them. If I make them into totem poles with a connector between the neck and the top of the head, the background would make a nice geometric.


And here is another explanation about the Frolic (Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt for 2019) colors...the paint chips looked blue but Bonnie's fabric selection looked shaded to the purple with a couple of selections heading toward violet. I went to Lowe's to get the paint cards because I thought my monitor could be off. And yes, I could find paint cards in many versions of blue, and those two versions of violet (far right), but there wasn't a paint card for purple or blue-purple (like the hydrangeas).  Apparently Sherwin Williams does not sell paint to unicorns.

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

I still have plans to do something with that vulture block!

Barbara said...

That's quite a collection...you could make a zoo.

gayle said...

Is it just me or are those ostriches playing some kind of mass peekaboo?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love all the blocks you found! and your Frolic will be Fun!

Cathy said...

Your creature blocks are always so fun. Bruce and I laughed over Buddy’s self-portrait. The minute I saw those ostrich heads, I thought of a caption for them, but it’s a tad political and not very nice, so I’ll just shut my mouth (*biting tongue*).

QuiltGranma said...

Love the hydrangea colors for your make of Bonnie's quilt. The ostriches make me chuckle!