Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Rolls of Postage Stamps


There are many ways to make postage stamp blocks. For these blocks, I prefer to use rolls of stamps that I unwind and then cut apart.

Meanwhile, I now have a "supervisor's chair" next to me at the sewing machine as Katie suggested. This allowed me several hours of sewing without "thread conditioning" and posing in front of the sewing machine. Apparently if provided with proximity, sufficient adoring phrases and a toy on a string, most supervisors will leave the worker alone. And as I type this, my supervisor is snoozing in the extra desk chair next to me.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Supervisor's chair! I love it! I never thought of it that way, but that is exactly it! I'm glad it is working for you because we wouldn't want the creation of postage stamps to cease! I mean, look at what happened when the US mint quit making coins - how bad would it be if stamps became short in supply?!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I have one of those chairs as well and it does work.

Cathy said...

My supervisor prefers a little cat quilt up on the table (I have four IKEA Ingo tables pushed together in the center of the room for multiple purposes). She says it’s better for keeping an eye on me.

Jerilea Hendrick said...

Love it. These blocks keep growing on me. But I don't think I could handle 1 inch squares. If I made them finish at 2 inches, would that still cou t as postage? Maybe international postage?

Magpie Sue said...

This makes me grateful my canine supervisor is content to keep tabs on me from the floor!

gayle said...

A supervisor's chair, eh? I'm glad it worked!
Love seeing all that postage ready to go!

Cathy said...

Whatever works!