Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Enough Postage?


 I finished three more postage stamp blocks and now I have enough for a 7 by 9 block quilt (roughly 56 inches by 72 inches). Or I could make nine more and make an 8 by 9 block quilt or seventeen more or...

I have been adding more light blocks and now think I need more dark blocks and orange. Also, looking at this on the computer I can see that the layout of the blocks needs some attention.

Meanwhile, those of you who visit Kitten Academy may be watching the new litter of kittens intently. The first born was all white, the second all black, another all gray like the mother and then one tuxedo and one gray and white. However, the all white kitten can't make up its mind and is now darkening its ears and tails. Another example of a colorpoint is Buddy, shown here at roughly three months.

Here is Buddy pretending to like subtle neutral tones favoring brown to gray. Buddy is also still pretending to be a kitten.

And here is a recent photo of Buddy, long after his warranty has expired.

Molly would like to clarify for the record that we adopted Buddy not for his looks but due to his defective personality coupled with ineffectual and incompetent fostering. 

10 comments:

Barbara said...

Buddy has such a pretty face.

Julierose said...

Lovely collection of postage stamp blocks...
what adorable kittens...

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I am seriously lovin' these! I must make these for RSC21. I think Budy has a beautiful face as well.

Cathy said...

I love those postage stamp blocks!! You may find you have enough darks if you redistribute some of the darker ones on the left. On the other hand, it would be fun to make more. As for Buddy, I think Molly doesn’t want to admit that her brother is handsome. And maybe that’s because she received the same “ineffectual and incompetent fostering” that Buddy did. Uh-oh, I’m in trouble with Molly now. *ducks head and retreats to the corner*

Julia G said...

I like the size and composition of the quilt as it is. I think there are enough oranges. Of course you can always rearrange to your heart's content. I'm looking forward to when you start up another nature quilt. I love the pigs.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The blocks are beautiful all together. If you think it is not done, it isn't. The kitties are adorable.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Kitten academy - I love it!! and those postage stamps - oh my gosh!! how beautiful!!

Susan said...

We love Buddy's looks. He has symmetrical markings on his face. Molly doesn't. Molly must be jealous. Plus, we all know that males don't mature as quickly as females.

gayle said...

Buddy - a cat of many disguises...
(Never enough oranges, BTW!)

iheartispy said...

Love the kitties and the postage stamps! It's hard to tell sometimes if you have enough postage. The other day a friend sent me a thick arty card, and the mail carrier left me a postage due envelope for 15 cents! I had enough to cover it, so I paid it right away. LOL :-)