Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Zip It


Today I decided to add three zipper blocks to my collection. I have piles of fabric in pairs waiting to be cut in two inch strips. After I work through the pile, I will have enough blocks, plus or minus some number.

Meanwhile, I would like to introduce Buddy the Foster Puppy. He was being very mean to his sister Molly Kitten so she unadopted him. This puts him back to foster status. However, given foster kittens now have their own youtube channel, fancy digs, too many toys and endowments, Molly also demoted Buddy from cat to puppy. We're still negotiating what that means and are narrowing down the treatment to somewhere between "lots of beatings" and "same old, same old."

And yes, we had a memorial service for the bits of paper and ribbon formerly known as the "butterfly toy." Yes, the stand still works and there is a replacement butterfly, but I think we all need a bit of a time out. The butterfly needs the longest time out.


5 comments:

julieQ said...

I love your posts! Your kitty stories are absolutely hilarious!!

gayle said...

Ah, poor butterfly. I was going to ask if you had a replacement butterfly (or six) on hand.
(Do they make any from stainless steel? My kittens want to know)

Catherine said...

I always enjoy your fabric choices, it makes my stash look all brown and muddy. I need a foster puppy - would Buddy like to move to California?

Cathy said...

Obviously, Buddy’s “Bess Day Ever” with the butterfly toy involves murder. On the other paw, maybe a roomful of butterfly toys would short circuit his brain. Cousin Kim and I are about to begin (contemplating) sewing together our zipper blocks. I think we’ll start with pairs. That’s as far as the thinking process has gone. Talk about a short-circuited brain...

Nikki said...

Buddy seems a bit nonplussed about his status as foster puppy. Not sure if it the foster or the puppy part!