Saturday, May 26, 2018

Pink Pinwheels and Roses

A few years ago I began the Hidden Gems quilt popularized by Chantal here on the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge. Unfortunately, I only had enough blocks for half a quilt, so I am adding to it as we go along. Here are four pink pinwheel blocks. For more pink piecework, please visit the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge.

And I have discovered that gardens are a big deal here in Portland, and given how many front yards feature roses, it may be required by law. Strangely, this house has a rose garden planted under a couple of pine trees. Here are a couple I brought in the house to share with Molly. She wanted hummingbirds. In any case, this is my offering for yesterday's launch of the Portland Rose Festival.

6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I am not sure which are prettier, your blocks or the roses.

Sue SA said...

Wow that purple rose is stunning. Just love the pinwheel and HST block, I can see why it became very popular. Tempted myself!

Cathy said...

I love your roses! If truth be told, though, I love all roses. Mine are just coming on now, and I can’t wait to photograph the clip some for the house. Poor Molly! Too bad she can’t depend on staff to provide a nice exotic mean now and then...

Mystic Quilter said...

Nice pink pinwheels and lucky Molly getting to share the roses with you.

MissPat said...

That lilac colored rose is gorgeous. I have a collection of pins from the Portland Rose Festival going back to the early 20th century.
I'm also making the Hidden Gems blocks (I call them Chantal's pinwheels, because when she was making them, she didn't know the name).
Pat

Frances Meredith said...

Lovely Hodden Gems. My Hidden Gems are finished, but still hidden from my blog.