Friday, December 6, 2019

Fabric Prepper


No Emmie. No Frolicking with Bonnie. No running water.

I know many of you may be worried about me. In the last few days I have posted several blocks of Emmie the Sheep. This means that my fabric stash/hoard has diminished. Similar to preppers who maintain survival levels of food and other essentials, my fabric stockpile was getting dangerously low.

Rest assured because I did take the opportunity to visit another quilter's estate sale. This time my sister was there to supervise (where supervise means "every man for themself"). These are some of the fabrics I picked up.


And here are some more. Given that I have been making sheep blocks, I thought I should pick up some bundles of wool too. The fabric at the top is a Japanese fabric sample book opened up to show some of the fabrics.


The house had lots of china and collectibles and art supplies. The quilter was also a weaver so there were lots of handwoven blankets and two floor looms (one full size). I was happy to pick up this toy mechanical elephant that spins the ball up and down while motoring along. When I picked it up a fellow warned me it wasn't authentic...but I'm kind of glad because a real circus elephant would be way too much work.


I was also very happy to find these cat slippers that had been advertised in the estate sale notice. I was happier to see that they were five dollars. They are crib slippers so they are quite small.


I asked Buddy to use his head for a size comparison but he refused to cooperate. He knows that he has a big head and didn't like my incentive structure (that is, no treats).

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Hopefully your “no running water” issue is only for a day. And it appears that quilters in Oregon pass on at a faster clip than in Utah. Estate sales are fun as long as one is on the purchasing end. You will be hiding those slippers from Buddy, won’t you? Alfie says they need to be attacked immediately!

Julia G said...

Too funny. I love reading your blog.

MissPat said...

If the elephant were real, think of the fertilizer you would have for the garden. You'd probably have more than enough that you could sell the excess to support future fabric purchases. Hope the water is back on by now.
Pat

gayle said...

The fabric was cool enough, and that elephant was a nice lagniappe. But those cat slippers are the BEST!