Thursday, December 26, 2019

No presents, only past and future


Are you ready for your annual review? For some reason, I think I didn't meet expectations.


And you might think this is Buddy after receiving his annual review...but this is Buddy's treat face. He was avoiding the camera until I brought out a treat to entice him towards the camera.


Meanwhile, let's look back to see where we left off on the quilting side of life...here are the microspools...with the spool cut and matched with a background ready for the sewing machine.


Here are the strips of blue and gold for the fourth step of the Bonnie Hunter Frolic mystery. Yes, these are supposed to be cut into triangle pairs and half square triangles. I am hoping that this is the part where the mystery elves show up and complete the task for me.


And here is the back of the embroidery. I am running one direction with cool colors and then will have hot colors running cross ways to form the circles.

Meanwhile, I am looking into various projects for the new year. I will be starting "Put A Bird On It" on January 1...where I will pick a different bird for each month and have a daily challenge of making a design and/or object of that bird. Here is an example of a challenge that made owls daily for the entire year. (She has taken her website of owls private, but this is her interview with the Making Something 365 & Get Unstuck website).

I have also been wanting to make Afternoon Delight by Sue Garmin. I have the pattern and the fabric but have not had the temerity. As luck would have it, this is going to be the BOM for The Quilt Show this year.

I am open to participating in other play along quilt activities, in case I missed anything while I was hiding in my cave.

7 comments:

julieQ said...

So...great idea you had there, with the elves. I am puttering along on step four too!! I love your baby kitty!

Cathy said...

I think Molly is looking at you quizzically and Buddy is in disbelief at you attempting Afternoon Delight. That’s like your Stonefield quilt on steroids. I think I’d rather have a root canal without a numbing shot! But I’ll be here cheering you on. And sewing macro spools in 2020.

gayle said...

Wow! I had no idea you were embroidering that panel - I thought you were machine quilting it. No wonder you've been so quiet - that's a ton of work!
I'm really really really looking forward to your birds!
And your Afternoon Delight. I'll be making nine patches in solidarity, but you're on your own with the rest of that Magnum Opus.

Barbara said...

I love what you’re doing with the stitching. Did Buddy get a lump of coal in his stocking? Smitty and Sadie were on Santa’s nice list. They got yet another wand, string, and something dangling at the end toy. They’ve already packed it for the trip south.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That embroidery is beautiful! Is that the requisite millennium fabric you are supposed to put in Bonnie's quilts?

Quilter Kathy said...

Hope the fairies showed up to make those HSTs because step 5 is more of the same!

QuiltGranma said...

Love what you are doing and sharing. I too love cats adn quilts!