Monday, December 2, 2019

Sheep Continued


We are now moving on to left sided sheep. The remaining four sheep are already cut (not sheared) and ready to be sewn. And I am making Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt this year, but since I don't have an instagram account, I will post my progress here. I have the strips sewn (blue and lime green) and just need to cut and sew to make four patches.


And Buddy would like to tell you about his Black Friday experience but his version of the story does not meet my very minimal journalistic standards. My version begins with staff indulging in pistachio nuts and thoughtlessly discarding the shells into a small bag with a handle. Staff did not have sufficient safeguards against feline criminality, and this allowed Buddy to stick his head in the bag to steal a pistachio shell. Only Buddy knows why he chose to stick his head through the bag handle...

With guilty conscience and a pistachio-monster-bag threatening to strangle him, Buddy made a fast and furious get-away, but the monster bag was just as fast as Buddy, the fastest cat on the planet. Thankfully, the bag finally ripped apart and loosened its grip as Buddy sought shelter under the bed. 

And yes, I now feel guilty for exposing Buddy to needless danger by trying to contain the pistachio shells in a bag. In the future, I will merely throw them randomly throughout the house, cutting out the middle man (I mean, cat).

6 comments:

gayle said...

Oh, dear. Having had numerous cats running from scary bag/capes over the years, I can picture the devastation. Though while your random scattering of shells might be more efficient, I suspect it wouldn't be nearly as entertaining...

Sue said...

I've jsut found your blog. Buddy and Molly's (mis)adventures have me giggling. Your sheep and pinwheels are fabulous! Looking forward to reading your older posts.

Katie said...

Oh my! We had a paper bag with twisted paper handles in my sewing room years ago and one day Emma got it into her head to get into it. Of course she stuck her head through a handle (perhaps she tried to climb through it - Emma was a character like that!) and when she tried to get away, the bag chased her. Until it disintegrated. Thankfully there was nothing in it (small miracle!), but there were pieces of bag throughout the entire upstairs! As hilarious as it was, it scared me, so I make sure those type of things are not left unattended when we are away. (It sounds as though you do as well, but sometimes these kitties get their own ideas!)

Cathy said...

That’s hilarious! Those bags can be ferocious! Maybe Buddy should stick to quilt design.

Barbara said...

Dear Bag Man...Smitty and Sadie would like to challenge him on this claim of being “fastest cat on the planet.” We have our doubts about that since the fastest cat on the planet lives on a high hill. We aren’t saying who it is because that creates a competitive instinct, and we fear instinct. It is the opiate of cats. Which brings us back to your bag man. We’ll stop there before accusations start up, and impeachment hearings become necessary. Respectfully, The Cats from Portland, Wisconsin

QuiltGranma said...

So, the pistachios were colored red... is that right Buddy? That's why you have a pink chin?