Thursday, March 19, 2020

Acceptance


There are times for resistance, but sometimes you have to settle into the rhythm of acceptance. For example, right now I am accepting that I am going to be typing this post with Molly cradled in my left arm. It is important to treasure this moment of togetherness. Rinse and repeat for the other 23 hours. And yes, when I go outside I am carefully monitored from the window (whichever one is closest).


And I have pulled out the spools and have begun to sew again. There has been a lot of cutting before this. My goal is to have 1600 of these spools...each from a different fabric. I have a lot of spools with a dark value, and now I am trying to fill in with lighter spools. You may have remembered my buying a tub of scraps at a "downsizing" estate sale. These have all been cut down and ready to be sewn.


Today was supposed to be the day for setup of our quilt show. It feels like it was cancelled a month ago, but it was just last week. When I found out we weren't having a show, I ordered online from some of our vendors. These come from Island Quilter, located on Vashon Island in Washington.


After spending a month with penguins, I can't resist them in fabric form. I hope you have seen the video of the penguins wandering around the deserted aquarium.


Last, and certainly least, is a pesto hummingbird with radish garnish.

3 comments:

gayle said...

That hummingbird is the human version of the Churu hummingbird, isn't it?
Love those penguin fabrics! And I loved the video of the penguins touring the aquarium. (Did you see the one where they're going up and down stairs?)

Amy said...

Hope all are well in Portland. Missing putting a hummingbird on my day and a kitten on the screen.

Anonymous said...

Missing you. Hope all is well with you and the kitties.
I'm usually a no comment reader.
Melinda