Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Hummingbirds Don't Wear Wool


Here are some daffodils blooming in my backyard.  Flowering trees are putting on nice displays and it is obvious that spring is right around the corner. So hopefully this puts in a good mood so you will forgive me for today's hummingbird.


This is a wool cat toy using the same silhouette as the March 1 hummingbird. I was going to appliqué color patches on it to give it more character and then I thought how about embroidery. Buddy liked the idea of embroidery, but only because he would grab the balls of thread and run off with them. Yes, faster than a hummingbird. So the embroidery doesn't show up well, and the hummingbird is mad that I gave him a goose nose. He also says the wool slows him down.


Here's Molly pretending to enjoy the toy. Last night after I went to bed, Molly went exploring in the hall closet and managed to get stuck up on the highest shelf. She enjoyed it very much when I came and rescued her, so she is just trying to return the favor.

2 comments:

gayle said...

Envying your daffs! We're still a long way from flowers blooming.
I think your goose-nosed hummingbird is a cutey and hope Molly doesn't maul him too badly...

QuiltGranma said...

Hmmm, to my knowledge our cats never got on the high shelves in the closets... TO MY KNOWEGE!