Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Molly Interrupted


Today is Molly Day. She received a toy that is already a favorite...the ripple rug. She loves to scratch on rugs and she loves to hide. The ripple rug is two layers, one plain and the second has different size holes and velcro, so it can have different configurations. She had lots of fun playing with it. She also enjoyed running out of it to surprise Buddy. He jumped about 4 ft high. His new name is Rocket.

This evening, I was making a felt hummingbird. I borrowed Molly's felted bed and was using it for a felting mat (an area that can take the felting needle). Molly came to rip open bags of roving, attack the roving and generate mayhem. Then she settled down for a nap on my lap. I was only able to put one wing on the hummingbird.  Happily, Molly was so tuckered out that she made a wonderful hummingbird backdrop.

7 comments:

Dorothy said...

:-) :-)

Katie said...

I'm so excited for Molly and her ripple rug! My kitties are still enjoying it, which is the longest I think any toy has kept interest here. The hummingbird is beautiful...for now...

gayle said...

When you say "Put a bird on it", that includes cat butts, I see.

Sue SA said...

A very impressive hummingbird despite the cat interruptions!

Cathy said...

I’ve been looking at those ripple rugs but haven’t bought one for the furkids yet. I guess that’s going to change once Darla reads your post! I like your hummingbird. My mom and step dad’s last name was Hummer, so my mom loved anything to do with hummingbirds.

Julia G said...

Too bad you didn't get a video of Rocket! That would have been something!

QuiltGranma said...

Oh the fun you will have, as you go through this world making cat toys and birdies... Love your felted hummer! Did Mom n step dad drive a Hummer? Hmmmm!