Friday, March 6, 2020

Lego Hummingbird


Here's Molly in her cabinet. This is where she goes when she wants attention. This is not the same as the hall closet that she climbs around in after I go to bed. When she is in this cabinet, we play peek-a-boo and catch the toy and make general Molly adoration noises. Other places she goes for attention are her cat tree, the keyboard, the sewing machine, on top of the entrance to the crawl space, the front door, and the design wall. And let's not forget jumping on my back or shoulders.


And this is an official lego hummingbird built from a kit. It does not have a single regular lego brick. I find it hard to get my head around keeping track of all of the parts and their possibilities. But then I guess a quilter from the early 70s would have the same feeling if dropped into a current day quilt store. Needless to say, I think I will be trying my hand at making a clunky lego brick version later in the month.

5 comments:

Dorothy said...

LOL :-)

gayle said...

I didn't recognize those lego bits - and considering what lego fiends my kids and grandkids are I've seen a lot of legos!

Julia G said...

I was really impressed with your lego design abilities, and then you let the cat out of the bag... Still - it looks great!

Magpie Sue said...

Ah, a kit. That certainly explains how you achieved such a realistic representation! Just when I think I might want to have a cat next I read one of your posts (or someone else's) and have second thoughts. Blame Molly.

Mystic Quilter said...

Obviously lots of Lego fun going on at your house.