Sunday, November 13, 2022

Frames


In November 2020, Lynn Dykstra started a calendar quilt where she framed a fabric for each day...and you can read about it here: https://kleinmeisjequilts.blogspot.com/2021/11/62-to-63-calendar-quilt-in-time-of.html

I was inspired by hers and started mine...and while she had 365 blocks one year later, I had two. I decided to add to mine today and I was so productive I had an eight fold increase in blocks. 

These are made with a 2.5 inch square surrounded by 1.25 inch strips.

5 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I once did a polaroid quilt once. I got novelty squares from all the guild members, trimmed them, and framed them in white, and added a shadow. It was for my good friend who was president of the guild. We hung it in the quilt show, and then she read the tag, not realizing it was for her, until she read it. She totally lost it and it was her favorite quilt. I love your squares.

Susan said...

Looking good. Yay for the progress.

Anonymous said...

Like it! Check out tiny box sewalong. I can't find the ig hashtag this minute, but there are some beautiful quilts.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That sounds like the amount of progress I would make. I've made one glitter block. More will be coming someday.

Judy Forkner said...

Are those cut sizes or finished sizes for the square and strips?