Wednesday, November 23, 2022

The End of Matchmaking


The smallish spools are taking up most of my sewing time. The bottom box shows all of the pairs except for a pile next to the sewing machine (that I was too lazy to include in this photo). In the box at the top are the four patches. I find it interesting that single spools are unwieldy, and the pairs are barely manageable. But the four patches, with their spun seams on the back, lay nice on flat. And I should note that I ironed the single spools, but won't iron them again until they are 16-patches.

Meanwhile, if you are missing an orange cat, it may be over here. The day I moved in (over 5 years ago) there was an evil mostly black cat that insisted this was his territory. Recently when I was out working in the garden, he stared at me and sprayed the shed, making the same point. (Now we know why he is outside all the time.) And then there is the pitiful white cat that was hanging out under the front window...unable to stir my cats from their heated beds. And finally the newest cat...an orange fellow...marched along the fence and glared at me.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

The spools project seems to be coming along nicely! Happy Thanksgiving from our house to yours. Alfie (also asleep in his heated bed) told me to tell you it’s time to get rid of the orange and black cats (white one can stay) in favor of red and green cats. He’s obviously been hitting up the catnip.

gayle said...

The spools are getting more and more amazing - and apparently flatter? Cool!
The guys who live next door to my daughter and her family (I'm currently visiting) have a semi-feral pack of black and white spotted cats that just keeps multiplying. Can't see them from space yet but the time is coming...

Susan said...

I suspect the 4-patches lay flatter because they are weighed down with more thread and they are more balanced with the direction of the spools in opposite corners. (hee-hee)
Happy Thanksgiving

Linda Swanekamp said...

Too bad they are unfriendly, some chip on their shoulder. Maybe they know how good your guys have it and are jealous. My guy had to be put down last week and I have a cat sized hole in my heart. Trying to look for a new companion, but tough to connect around the holidays. I think your spools are terrific.