Thursday, November 3, 2022

Move to Hexies


 Buddy requested that I throw away the spools to make more room for his toys. He thought I should work on the hexie quilt because its easily stored in a small bin. These are cuts I made today.

In case it wasn't obvious, I am using animals as the theme. Here are some earlier cuts, plus some of the hexies I have already based on the paper. Revisiting this project, I realize that I have lots of cut hexies and not enough sewn. We are having a windy night, so this will be the perfect project if we lose power.

6 comments:

Sumac said...

Hexies are such fun to fussy cut. I love using animal prints too. Nice camel there.

Julia G said...

So adorable!

Susan said...

I like the fussy-cut animal hexies. I could do without the vermin though. I would have thought Buddy & Molly would have done away with them.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love the idea of hexies. I love the fussy cutting you did. I just cannot sew them, I just lose it. You are doing a fabulous job!

Cathy said...

Oh, before cataract surgery I could not see any of your blog posts. For awhile there I thought you weren't posting. But I was blind and now I can see your posts again. Goody!

Your hexies remind me that I have a six inch animal hexie quilt around here somewhere that needs some quilting. Your menagerie has cuter animals. Mine are more wild kingdom.

gayle said...

I was going to ask how big your hexies are, but I think I can extrapolate from that pigeon fabric - I have some of that too!