Tuesday, January 3, 2023

New Quilt Project


It's the beginning of the year, so January 1 was the launch of Project Quilting, 2023. This is the challenge fashioned after Project Runway that has participants make a quilt in a week based on the provided theme. This week, the theme is ONE. On Sunday I noodled around with potential ideas to produce an art quilt with profound meaning. Then I remembered that I don't have the required depth. 

The concept that kept coming back was One Hit Wonder...rock stars who only have a single hit in their lifetime. Translated into quilts...One Wonder Block came to mind. I patted myself on the back and told myself that I could take the rest of Sunday off. Then this morning I remembered I was supposed to be making a quilt this week.

So here's the one wonder block. I was going to make it a background but then it wouldn't lit
erally be one wonder block. 

I do still have to make it into a quilt...layer, quilt and bind.


This is the parent fabric.

4 comments:

gayle said...

That fabric just screams 'squirrel!!!' No wonder it's dragging you off into One Wonderland.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Thats a cool fabric - and the block is awesome!!!

Susan said...

Love what you did with the fabric and the block. It's a hit with me.

Julia G said...

Love it!