Saturday, January 21, 2023

Project Quilting Challenge 2: Pink (AKA Tula)


Here's the final submission for the Project Quilting Challenge 2 where the theme is Pink. My first thought was Drunk Tank Pink (reportedly a color used to reduce aggression). But then Tula Pink came to mind and never left.

First, I went to find Tula Pink's book "100 Modern Quilt Blocks." My plan was to make something simple like #71, but thought #19 looked a bit drunk...so I renamed the block "Drunk Tank." Next I rolled around like a drunk person in my pink fabric until I made enough pairs for a 36 inch square quilt. I also fussy cut some Tula Pink fabric to make the quilt Pinker than pink.

And here is a look at the back of the quilt in case there isn't enough pink on the front.

And here is Molly "helping" me machine quilt because everyone knows that the key to successful machine quilting is having cat tons of traction. Molly is wondering why there isn't a challenge to be nice to cats.

8 comments:

Pamela Dempsey said...

Yes, be super kind to cats 🐈‍⬛ 😻😻😻😻

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Molly was certainly letting you know that she thinks this is a winning quilt. I am always happy to know more about the backstory behind the quilt and this one was really fun to read about!

Sumac said...

Love this quilt and your helper!

Quilter Kathy said...

Fantastic finish! What about calling it "Drunken Tula"?!? LOL

Carla said...

I loved reading your thoughts about the quilt. You made me giggle, thank you. This is a great quilt and I love the block you used. Your description is so fun!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Wow that is a lot of blocks to make in a quilt. It is definitely Pink, in more ways than one.

Cathy said...

Pinker than Pink, that’s good. I love your Tula quilt and hope that Molly gives her approval to you sending it to me. Oh, I meant to hanging it up so you can enjoy it regularly.

PersimonDreams said...

ADORABLE!