Thursday, February 17, 2022

Challenges beyond the Challenge


 Sometimes bad things happen to good people, and sometimes bad things happen to naughty kittens. And so, an exuberant kitten went for a full force sliding, gliding attack on a toy mouse in a princess castle, and the castle crumbled. A support snapped. Now Molly is visible to peasants. And now Molly has to explain to me relentlessly that she misses her castle and wants it back or I will never experience sleep again.

I explained to Molly about replacement parts, delivery times and how I am still working on a quilt for Project Quilting...which is of no interest to Molly. Sensing the tension figuratively, not literally, my Bernina 1630 died. That is, it wouldn't start. That is, it wouldn't turn on. And proving to Molly how cruel and insensitive I am, I pulled out an exact duplicate machine, and started sewing. Two cats. Two sewing machines.

And so I was able to finish the Mini-Facets quilt top, with the deadline for a finished quilt by Sunday.

8 comments:

Cathy said...

I’m sure you’ll be able to finish up your lovely diamonds PQ quilt. Go Sally. Then you can get back to something more important, like fixing the Princess tent. Poor, poor Molly.

Julierose said...

Very neat mini quilt--nice job.
I see that Molly is saying "I don't have any idea how this happened!...Can you please, please fix it for poor little old me?" Cats are so funny...She's in denial for sure...TGIF hugs, Julierose

Dee W said...

Love your diamonds. Poor Molly! Duct tape won't be a temp fix?

gayle said...

Poor poor Molly. (And there's Buddy quietly giggling as he hides his trebuchet...)

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Another beautiful quilt with lots of little pieces. I hope your machine learns its lesson and spontaneously turns on for you the next time you want to use it. Maybe it is on strike in solidarity with Molly.

Susan said...

As long as this machine keeps working, I am sure you will have it finished in time. I hope Molly learned a lesson from this disaster to her "Castle".

Shirley said...

You have two 1630s! I am so envious. I only have one and my quilting friend predicts dire consequences if I need serious service on it. Please post updates on 1630#1. Good luck to Molly.

MissPat said...

Backup sewing machines are almost as important as backup kittens. I love your diamonds.
Pat