Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Sewing Cycles


 For no good reason, the Project Quilting challenge turns my sewing life upside down. The finishing part always seems to take longer than I expect. And of course, sometimes there are unforced errors, like losing the bobbin case inside the sewing machine. (You had to be there). So the week after the challenge I am less interested in sewing and more likely to listen to Encanto on endless repeat.

I also may be going through a paranoid phase where I think that Big Buddy is always watching me.

I did finally get all the sections of the Clown Kaleidoscope sewn together into a quilt top. Now Shard blocks will be able to go back on the design wall as I finish up the last blocks for that quilt.

8 comments:

Cathy said...

Love the Clown Kaleidoscope (which I just realized has the same initials as me. Coinkydink?) Of *course* Buddy is all-seeing, all-knowing, silly girl!

Dorothy said...

Loving the kaleidoscope quilt. Buddy's beautiful blues are always aware

Susan said...

Really like the Clown Kaleidoscope quilt top. Maybe your life is upside down because Buddy is watching you upside down. Then again, Clowns, and Shards and challenges could be responsible.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

The secret of surviving the Project Quilting challenges are to make potholders, mug rugs or inchies. Or avoiding them altogether. That quilt top is gorgeous

gayle said...

Kaleidoscopes! Gorgeous kaleidoscopes!

gayle said...

I tried to comment earlier but blogger wouldn't let me. Possibly because I was talking about Bruno...

Ruth L. said...

You have outdone yourself. Big Buddy, indeedy! And your Clown Kaleidoscope is most excellent.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Beautiful completed kaleidoscopes! I only get the laser stare down anytime near feeding.