Friday, September 22, 2023

You're Welcome!

In case you have forgotten, I'm Molly Kitten (emeritus), and I would like to explain why I have forbidden my evil staff person from posting to this blog. I am protecting the world from one more person who has chosen the dark side without an ounce of regret.

A few months ago, staff grabbed me and threw me in a cage like an animal. She did this no less than three times...and on the third visit to the evil empire, she left me with strangers who proceeded to remove my kidneys to sell to other evil people. (Editor's note: the bill from the vet indicated a dental cleaning. Molly returned with no sutures and has had no dialysis.)

Due to the medical and emotional trauma, I can barely enjoy the usual activities of daily living.

And yes, Buddy reportedly was subjected to the same treatment...although I can't verify this because I vanished into my secret hiding place while Buddy was captured and caged.

Buddy came home from his first entrapment full of stories about being cuddled and fed a Churu treat while the vet commented at length about "how talkative and loud Molly is." 

So as expected, when Buddy returned from the dark side after his second entrapment, they had removed his single brain cell. (Editor's note: Also a dental cleaning).

And in case you have forgotten where we left off...it was when our only staff person completely lost her mind. She finished putting all of the spools into a quilt top and then layered it. It weighs just shy of two tons. 

But the true horror that will surely provoke nightmares is having staff rummage through her scraps and cut new pieces for new spools to put in a "better layout." Apparently quilters can lose their brain cells without surgery.

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Molly, Buddy and Staff - you all have been missed. Quilt work - forgiven for not posting.

Vireya said...

Your spools are looking terrific! The cats are doing remarkably well after the trauma of all that medical experimentation.

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back! I was worried. :)
Andrea in MO

gayle said...

I've missed the three of you! Welcome home!
And will the new spool quilt be called "Two-Ton 2"?

Nancy said...

I'm so glad you survived all the trauma, Molly, and equally glad Buddy did, too. I've missed your posts and reading about your activities.
The spools look great. It always amazes me how much heavier quilts with small pieces are....

Beth Strand said...

Love, love, love this! My Gizmo was hauled off to the vet with what turns out to be double ear infections. He is not amused with the continuing ear drop situation.

Marci said...

Horray! You are back!! So glad it was nothing serious (sorry, Molly, but we ALL have to endure dental cleaning!!). Looking forward to seeing more posts!

Anonymous said...

Happy to see you all, wow what an exciting time you've all been having, no wonder you didn't want to share the experience - we might all want to come next time.......I love the spool quilt now I can see it close up. Good to have you all back. Elaine in UK

MissPat said...

I've been wondering what Molly's been up to. It never occured to me that she had taken away the staff's computer privileges. Thankfully, the trauma seems to have passed.
Pat

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear from you three! Caged, or stuck inside can be traumatic or trying. Rejoicing you’re on the brighter side of those experiences. I’m excited to read the next post.
In our clan, the Technician landed in an Alaskan hospital far from home. After recovering somewhat, he and the Scribe had to fly home to other doctors. Friends flew up to drive the rv home. The surprises keep popping up; but we’re in good hands.

Laura Haynes
Tlcahaynes @ gmail.com